Sailing and Diving Whitsundays
Sailing and diving Whitsundays on this 3-day liveaboard tour!
Departing from the Coral Sea Marina, Whitsundays on the SV Kiana and see paradise.
Sail and Dive Whitsundays from this beautiful, 16.4metre ketch, Kiana. Below the decks, Kiana is fitted out to comfort up to 14 guests and three staff. Relax in Kiana’s large roomy saloon with a bar and comfortable sleeping cabins. Both the cabins and saloon are fully air-conditioned to ensure your comfort during those sultry tropical afternoons and evenings.
Above deck, there’s lots of room for lounging around while you watch islands goes by or for gearing up to go diving and snorkelling. The skipper, hostess and dive instructor will ensure you enjoy the best of both worlds, sailing and diving by day, great food and a relaxed atmosphere in the evenings.
Boat layout: The dark blue represents private cabins
Why should I join this Sailing trip?
- Specifically, the only sailing tour offering you the chance to dive on the Outer Barrier Reef from Airlie Beach.
- With only 14 Guests maximum, there is room to move onboard!
- Includes both Private and Shared spacious Air-Conditioned Cabins
- Your first Scuba Dive for FREE!
- You will visit Whitsunday Island, home to Whitehaven Beach, Hill Inlet and the Hill Inlet Lookout.
- You will also get to visit Hook Island, home to Luncheon Bay, Mantaray Bay, Mackerel Bay.
- Travel to Bait Reef for some incredible dives on the Outer Barrier Reef.
- If you travel between June-September, you may be lucky enough to spot Whales during their migration.
Where will we go?
The itinerary offered onboard is completely flexible due to the trip being dependent on weather. In saying this, the itinerary can change from trip to trip to ensure that your Snorkelling and Diving experience is in optimal conditions.
On your trip, you will get to visit Bait Reef. This Reef Location, protected from fishing, offers a rich diversity of marine life. When we moor within the lagoon area of this reef, we are sheltered from the winds making your stay and diving more comfortable.
Spend an afternoon on Whitehaven Beach, to explore the vast white silicon-rich sands that never get hot beneath your feet. While you take in the clear azure waters that gently lap the beach, you will feel that real sense of peace in paradise.
Visit Hill Inlet Lookout and witness the everchanging swirling sands at low tide.
Visit Hook Island which offers some of the best diving and snorkelling around the inner islands of the Whitsunday Island Group.
Altogether your Sailing and Diving Whitsundays tour includes:
- All fresh and fantastic prepared meals on board, including dinner in our unique Marine hangi
- Fresh Water, Tea and Coffee
- Licensed Bar, beer, wine and cider for purchase for 18+ only
- Fresh linen
- Air-Conditioned cabins and saloon
- Private cabin with double or twin bed options
- Sunny or shaded outside deck areas
In the water
- Use of snorkelling equipment
- Dive equipment (First Dive Free!)
- Stinger suits provided (October – May)
- Marine Biology and Whitsundays Historical and geographical information
- Advanced Eco Certified Tour
What is not included?
- Luggage Storage is available at the office for $10 per person. Alternatively, you can speak to your accommodation provider to see if they have available storage options.
- Bar purchases are available, with soft drink, bottled water, beer, wine or champagne available.
- While your first dive is FREE, subsequent dives can be purchased, with your 2nd Dive being $80, 3rd Dive being $70 and any additional dives being $50 each.
What to bring
Although there is plenty included in your Sailing and Diving Whitsundays trip, there are a few things you will need to bring with you!
- A Beach towel
- Swimmers / Bathing suit
- Clothing. In the cooler months, it is recommended bringing some warm clothing.
- Marine Safe Sunscreen (min SPF30+)
- Waterproof Camera
- Your booking voucher or email
- A smile and sense of adventure!
How to get there
Where do I meet?
We recommend planning your arrival into Airlie Beach the day before your tour. There is a pre-departure check-in at the Whitsunday Sailing Office at 402 Shute Harbour Road, Airlie Beach. Check-in the day before departure is required between 7 am – 5 pm.
In case of a delayed arrival into Airlie Beach, if you are not able to complete the pre-departure check-in, please advise at the time of booking.
What else do I need to know?
As a result of travelling to remote areas, around the Islands, there is limited or no service. The Captain will advise you of the areas when you will be back in range.
To better prepare for your arrival, please advise of any dietary requirements at the time of booking.
As a result of being dependent on weather conditions for the operation of this Sail and Dive Adventure, the itinerary is completely flexible to ensure that you are Snorkelling and Diving in optimal conditions. For this reason, the itinerary can be scheduled slightly different from trip to trip, and travel Insurance is highly recommended.
We have a passion for showing you Australia’s Great Barrier Reef and National Parks, so please make sure you understand the SCUBA diving laws. The Queensland Government Code of Practice regulates us and comply with all rules, including medical as is the law. Please complete our dive medical questionnaire before booking as some medical conditions, age, and medications may prevent scuba diving.
It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
We are happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us at [email protected]
Or you may like to consult your Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms’ AS.4005.1
Flying and Scuba Diving
After a single no decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive. For multiple scuba dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive. This includes Skydiving and Hot Air Ballooning.
We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible.