Diving the Yongala is a scuba divers dream. It’s a bucket list trip that no one should miss. The S.S. Yongala 2 Night Liveaboard Dive Tour stays exclusively at this wreck site. You will thoroughly explore this spectacular location.
During a cyclone in 1911, the S.S. Yongalasank off the coast of Townsville. All 122 souls on board were lost. It wasn’t until 1958 that this location was first dived and explored. Because of this and the remote location, it remains pristine and mostly untouched.
The wreck begins 15m below the surface and goes down to 29m. This tour is best suited to advanced certified divers due to these depths. Some of the marine life frequently seen can be; Manta Rays, Eagle Rays, Turtles, Sea Snakes, Queensland Gropers, Giant Trevally. Thousands of colourful tropical fish. You might be lucky in the colder months and see Humpback Whales!
This dive site is voted one of the Top Ten Wreck Dives in the World.
Don’t miss your chance to experience the S.S. Yongala 2 Night Liveaboard Dive Tour.
Want to explore more of the surrounding reefs?
Click HEREto view a tremendous 3-night Yongala liveaboard.
Dive one of the Top Ten Wreck dives in the World
First check-in Friday night, 7.30 pm
Time for a walk/dinner (at own expense) before departure
Departure approx 10.30 pm
Saturday; Wake up at the Yongala shipwreck at sunrise.
Enjoy two-day dives, one night dive
Sunday; 2-3 dives before heading back.
Arrive back into Townsville approx 5 pm
Up to 6 dives including one night dive
Two nights accommodation in air-conditioned cabins
All bed linen
Meals from Saturday morning to Sunday afternoon
All reef levies
Tanks and weights
Environmental Education – learn all about the history of the S.S. Yongala, local marine life, and the ocean
Full gear hire
Onboard Optional Extras
Guided dives (Per dive)
What to bring
Small bag with a towel, swimwear, hat, sunscreen, toiletries and change of clothes
Proof of certification and logbook
Cash or credit card for soft drinks sold onboard
We have a passion for showing you Australia’s Great Barrier Reef.
Please make sure you understand the scuba diving laws.
Queensland, Australia, has some of the strictest scuba diving rules globally, with the safest scuba diving record. We are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all regulations, including medical as is the law.
To avoid disappointment on your day of travel, we recommend that all of our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire.
Some medical conditions, age and medications may prevent you from scuba diving.
Our mission is always to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
We are happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us at [email protected]
Alternatively, you may like to consult your Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms ‘AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba Diving
For a single no decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive. You should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive for multiple dives. If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning, you must wait 24 hours after your dive. We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible.
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard, E-Way and PayPal.
For All bookings during COVID-19.
If your booking is affected for any reasons during COVID, we will allow you to change your travel date.
If you are unsure when you will travel, your booking will be open dated with NO expiration date.
Cancellation fees are as follows
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more before departure
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days before departure
100% cancellation fee within 14 days before departures
Schedules subject to change without notice
Scuba Diving Insurance
All passengers are strongly advised to purchase a comprehensive Travel Insurance policy that includes trip cancellation insurance and Evacuation & Medical cover for scuba diving.
Please be aware that not all Travel Insurance companies cover scuba diving and in-water activities. Please read the wording of your policy carefully.
Any evacuation, vessel relocation, or medical expenses are the diver's financial responsibility in a Medical Emergency. We strongly recommend the purchase of dive insurance.
Cancellation / Rescheduling Policy
We reserve the right to change vessel, dive locations, and prices without notice.
Please note we must receive at least 48 hours' notice from you when choosing to cancel or reschedule a reservation. Cancellation refunds are not given within 48 hours' notice. This includes factors beyond your control, including medical problems, airline delays, bad weather, etc.
Please refer to the Trade Practices Act 1974. Travel Insurance is highly recommended.
Please contact our office if you require any further information.
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavor to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services.
• No alcohol may be consumed prior to in water activities
• Please remember you need to allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
• Passengers intending to dive but restricted due to the aforementioned will not be offered a refund.
• Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
• We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice.
• Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for your costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of personal belongings, property damage, delay or personal injury.
• All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities. In a medical emergency, any evacuation, vessel relocation, medical or other expenses are the financial responsibility of that passenger. Please be aware that scuba diving and other in-water activities are not covered by all travel insurance companies.
• Please inform us of any special requirements prior to your date of travel; such as dietary requirements, allergies, mobility and disability issues. This can be done in the 'Booking Message' section of your online reservation or by contacting our friendly reservations team